Argument between villagers ends with cutlass chopping, while woman reportedly wields glass bottle in nightclub wounding

A cutlass attack and another wounding incident involving a glass bottle are being investigated by the Police.

A Nut Grove man reported to the Grays Farm Police Station that he had been chopped on the left hand by a fellow villager wielding a cutlass.

This offence reportedly occurred in the village, at about 6:20 a.m. on May 13, during an altercation between the two men.

Reports say the victim was walking through the yard of the alleged offender – in order to get to his own home – when the reported perpetrator approached him in an aggressive manner. 

In the ensuing altercation, the alleged offender became angry and armed himself with a cutlass, which, reportedly, was used to inflict a wound to the victim’s left hand and to his foot. 

As a result, the young man was issued a police medical form to consult a doctor and given certain instructions. 

A search was carried out for the alleged offender, but he was not found.  

Meanwhile, two people became embroiled in an altercation while at the popular Roadhouse hangout.

Reports say a police corporal telephoned the Freetown Police Station at about 1:40 a.m. and reported a fight between a 37-year-old man from Yorks and a young woman at the entertainment venue.  

It appeared that both parties had sustained injuries about their bodies as a result of the incident, which took place at about 1:35 a.m. on May 15.

The officer is said to have requested assistance from his colleagues.

According to reports, the Yorks resident and the woman, a Jamaican national who resides in St. Johnston’s Village, got into a confrontation.

It is alleged that the man was assaulted with a glass bottle by the female – with whom, reportedly, he is not acquainted – and sustained injuries all over his body.

The alleged offender is said to have received several cuts, as well, as she reportedly attacked the victim.

The Emergency Medical Service (EMS) was summoned to the scene, but both parties refused to leave with the unit.  However, they were each issued a medical form, which they accepted, to consult a doctor.