Police investigate failed suicide attempt in which mother-in-law’s quick action saves young mother’s life

A failed suicide attempt is now under investigation by the Police.

According to reports, a young woman attempted to take her own life on the weekend, after leaving a suicide note for her children and another for her mother- in-law.

It was the older woman who found the young mother unconscious and called the ambulance.

REAL News understands that the Pigotts woman noticed her 32-year-old daughter-in-law writing – at about 10 p.m. on Sunday, August 14 – and asked if she was writing a journal.

According to a source, the daughter-in-law responded by saying, “Yes,” and with a smile on her face.

At about 12:45 a.m., the young woman’s nine-year-old daughter reportedly got up to use the bathroom and found the two letters in front of her grandmother’s bedroom door.

The child, according to reports, immediately woke her grandmother, who went to check on her daughter-in-law; however, she was not in her room.

During a check of the living room, the older woman reportedly saw her daughter-in-law lying on her back, with what appeared to be a strap around her neck, and frothing at the mouth.

Reports say the mother-in-law immediately checked to see if she was breathing – which she was – and then used a pair of scissors to cut the strap from around the young mother’s neck before summoning the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) to the scene.

The young woman was transported to the Sir Lester Bird Medical Centre, where doctors report that she has no life-threatening injuries and is recovering well.

A source claims the young mother is going through some personal issues that might have prompted her to consider suicide.

Reports are that the incident occurred between 10 p.m. Sunday night and 1 a.m. Monday morning.

This alleged suicide attempt took place about 48 hours after Alston Furlong, a 45-year-old Parham resident, reportedly ended his own life. A relative reportedly found him hanging by an electrical cord in his bedroom on Friday evening, August 12.

The Police continue to probe this matter, as well.