Police investigate two recent attacks and woundings, one in daylight on Factory Road and the other at the East Bus Station

The Police are hoping that video footage from nearby businesses will lead to the arrest of the young men who launched an attack on an Antigua Grammar School (AGS) student.

The 15-year-old Green Bay youth was attacked and wounded by a group of other young men last Monday, November 21, at about 1:30 p.m., while he was on his way home from school.

Reports say the teenager was walking on the western side of the Antigua and Barbuda Union of Teachers building, on the Factory Road, when he was approached by a male armed with a cutlass.

A struggle ensued between the two, during which time he saw two other males – with black shirts tied around their faces – coming towards them.  As a result, he began to run, but fell to the ground, and one of the attackers fired a chop at his head.

However, the victim threw his arm up in order to protect himself and was wounded to the right elbow, instead.

Some bystanders reportedly intervened and broke up the altercation, and the AGS student was able to run to the St. John’s Fire Station for assistance, leaving his phone on the scene.

While the young man sought to assist the Police with information, he was very reluctant to give any further details about his attackers, a source says.

Reportedly, the boy has been having issues with a number of people – including gang members from Villa and another young man from Potters – and the cutlass attack is allegedly the result of a previous wounding incident.

Meanwhile, two young men had an altercation at the East Bus Station Terminal during which they both received injuries.

A doctor from the hospital’s Emergency Room is said to have telephoned the Criminal Investigations Department and reported that a 21-year-old man had arrived there with multiple lacerations about his body.

As a result, officers visited the hospital and spoke to the Belmont youth, who indicated that, at about 11:45 p.m. last Friday, November 18, he was attacked by another youth at the East Bus Station Terminal.

During the fight he reportedly sustained a laceration on his left forearm and a stab wound to his right chest area.

The laceration required eight sutures to close while the puncture wound which required four stitches.  His condition is not life threatening; however, he was kept at the hospital for observation.

In the meantime, a 22-year-old Blue Waters Road resident also went to the Emergency Room with two puncture wounds to his left shoulder.

A doctor called the Police and officers visited the hospital and questioned him.

He, too, reported that at about 11:45 p.m., while at the East Bus Station, he saw the Belmont youth, who allegedly owed him $200.

Reportedly he confronted the man about his money and a fight ensued, during which he took out a knife and wounded him.  At the same time, the Belmont youth stabbed him on the left shoulder with a pair of scissors.

His puncture wounds were superficial and so he was treated and discharged.