Another two COVID-19 deaths are being reported, bringing the Ministry of Health’s country count to 87.
Dr. Albert Duncan, the medical director at the Sir Lester Bird Medical Centre, confirmed the passing of two men, a 49-year-old and an 82-year-old, this morning.
Both patients had tested positive for COVID-19 and were unvaccinated.
Dr. Duncan says the younger man was admitted on September 29 in respiratory distress, and died three days later, on October 2, at 3:10 a.m.
The senior citizen reportedly had co-morbidities, and was admitted to the medical centre on October 2 in severe respiratory distress. He required intubation shortly after admission, Dr. Duncan says.
However, he succumbed to the disease on Monday, October 4, at 2:43 p.m.
Meanwhile, at least two reported COVID deaths are being challenged by family members, who insist their relatives – a 45-year-old male and an older woman – did not die from the virus.
Last week, another man said, on social media, that his deceased father ought not to have been figured into the COVID fatalities.
These objections are fuelling the suspicion in some residents’ minds that the death figures are being padded in order to scare residents in being vaccinated.